1 GENERAL INFORMATION
The magazine CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD is edited by the Council of Youth of Extremadura, CJEx, it was founded in Merida in 2016, youth multidisciplinary matters are developed in it and it is publishing twice per year.
In their contents the most relevant matters in innovation have the preference, which are about
topics related to objectives and coverage theme of CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD.
CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD is a moderate magazine, being its contents revised by external experts through a process called “Peer Review” of double blind. Every article is revised by at least, by 2 external evaluators, the work given is considered as a confidential information. The accuracy of the process “peer review” preserves the confidentiality and the anonymity of authors and evaluators.
CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD adopts and takes the rules of publication stablished in “Guidelines for scientific publishing” elaborated by the International Council of Scientific Unions, Ed. ICSU Press Publishing. ISBN 0-930357-44-2. The compliance of the requires of this guideline (Guidelines for Scientific publishing) facilitates the index-linking of the magazine in the main bases of dates of the speciality, improving the spread and the impact of the authors and their works.
CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD is presented as a digital magazine, which is available magazine in its website:
2- THE CLARITY AS A REQUIRE
CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD is a scientific magazine of Investigation in youth, so its content must be directed to teach new knowledge related to the sector in population between 16 to 30 years, with general character. Also, having the wide range of specialities between their readers, it is important the CLARITY and easier language and the exposure, explaining the terms and concepts less usual.
3 SIGNIFICANCE AND POLICY
CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD has a main object to support the spreading of the results of original investigation, techniques studies, small communications,…that are made in Spanish, Portuguese or English language around the world. These works have to be originals and unpublished and not being considerate in another magazine for its publication.
4 TYPES OF ARTICLES
It will be considered by publication the next types of works contained in our tittle, in its most wide definition:
- Investigation article: it will collect the results from original investigations, theoretical or experimental investigations. It should be really appreciated the original aspects proposed. In general, it will have a maximum amount of 6000 words including abstract and references. If it is necessary to have more texts or images, it will send in another document as an additional material making reference in the article. This additional material will be available in the website of CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD. It is recommended that the number of authors will not exceed 4.
- Collaboration in good practices: description of positives experiences with notable achievements in every field of investigation in youth, giving some original or useful perspective. It is considered in this category the expected works that will be described with detail and necessary anticipation, like the experiences or projects already finished. These lasts will show the methodology, process and results obtained. The maximum estimated extension: 4000 words (including abstract and references). . If it is necessary to have more texts or images, it will send in another document as an additional material making reference in the article. This additional material will be available in the website of CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD.
- Collaboration of Review: it describes and collects the most recent developments or works published about a determined subject. The maximum estimated extension: 4000 words (including abstract and references). It will have 30 bibliographic references maximum. If it is necessary to have more texts or images, it will send in another document as an additional material making reference in the article. This additional material will be available in the website of CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD.
Other type of works:
- News: It can contain information about every topic or discipline related to the subject of magazine. Its extension maximum will be 1000 words.
- Bibliographic references: the readers of CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD can send bibliographic references of publications that correspond with the editorial profile of the magazine. It is recommended that not exceed 1200 words.
5 REQUIRES, TEMPLATE AND ESTRUCTURE OF THE WORK
The original will be send by the website preferentially through the point of the menu SEND ARTICLES or, if it is not possible, by email to WEB ADDRESS.
The article format once proven, it must be prepared by template that can be download in www.investigacionjuventud.org.
Also, it can be download an example of the article already formatted by the template previously mentioned in www.investigacionjuventud.org.
As much as it can, it must be avoid using a language excessively specialized, being benefit the easier understanding of the ideas exposed.
The articles can be redacted and evaluated in Spanish, Portuguese and English. Once approved, it can be admitted the possibility that the articles will be published in two of these languages.
6 LETTER OF PRESENTATION AND PROPOSAL OF EVALUATORS
The article will be send with a Letter (or email) of presentation where the author asks the consideration of its investigation indicating:
- That the work is original not published and that the article has not been sent at the same time to other media or magazines.
- What is the real contribution that work presents, why it is developed and what are the real results obtained.
- That the authorship of every authors is confirmed that appear in the article and their mental contribution to this.
- That every author has read and approved the final version of the manuscript remitted.
- That in the case of being accepted for its publication, the authors give up the rights to the editor, without his express permission will not reproduce none of the published materials.
In the case of the authors want to recommend to 3 experts in the speciality of their work as a possible evaluators, they can do in this letter of presentation indicating their address contact.
The evaluators proposed must accomplish with the next requirements:
- Minimum degree as a doctor.
- Having a wide range of knowledge in the discipline to evaluate
- Not playing in the group of the investigation that presents the work.
7 FORMAT OF THE ARTICLE
7.1 Metadata or Heading
- Tittle of the article: (in Spanish, English or Portuguese): The tittle will be short and concise with the maximum extension of 150 letters. If it is necessary can be added immediately a subtitle separated by point. Avoiding the use of empty expressions, symbols, methods, abbreviation or acronyms.
- Name and surname of every author. It will have a short curriculum of the author.
- Full name of the work center of every author, including email and telephone number.
- Name and full address of the responsible for the work or author, including email and telephone number.
- Grants, helps or accounting support which it has been counted (Projects of investigation) for the subsidy of the work and other specifications, when it has the author of the case, degree, industry or institution that is belonging to, email address, address and telephone number.
- The abstract (in Spanish, English and Portuguese) of the work will have a maximum extension of 300 words. It will describe as a concise way, the reason and the objective of the investigation, the methodology used, the results more relevants and the main conclusions. It will emphasize the new and relevant aspects in the work.
- Key words (in Spanish, English and Portuguese): under the abstract will be specify until 5 key words or short sentences that can identify the content of the work for its inclusion in the catalogue and national and international databases. It can be used control terms of reference.
- In the case of the article does not present the information before named in the three languages described, CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD will give a translation of the same.
7.2 Text of the article
The article will have a maximum extension of 6000 words (see limitations of size in Type of articles). Every aforementioned initial must be explained in its meaning. It will used arabic figures for the pagination and numbering of the parts and sections of the articles. The use of unit of measures will follow the International System rules.
Related to the references in the text, it will use the APA system (American Psychological Association), recommending the use of the Mendeley application. It will be avoiding, as much as it can, using footnotes.
The format of the parts will follow the next format:
- TITTLE PART 1 (Gill Sans MT, bold, 14, capital letters)
- TITTLE PART 2 (Gill Sans MT, normal, 14, capital letters)
- TITTLE PART 3 (Gill Sans MT, normal, 11, small letters)
- TITTLE PART 2 (Gill Sans MT, normal, 14, capital letters)
The spacing will be 1,5, with previous and back spacing of 3 points between paragraphs.
The formats of the files can be: DOC, DOCX, RTF o TXT. It is recommended a minimum quality of 300 ppp for photographs/images that being enclosed with the article.
7.3 Estructure of the text
Given the multidisciplinar character of the magazine, the estructure of the magazines will be the most appropriate by the authors consideration. As a suggestion, it is proposed the next order:
Introduction, Material and Methods. Results and Discussion or Conclusions.
- Introduction: it must include the fundaments and the aim of the study, using the only bibliographic references necessaries. It will not include dates or conclusions of the work presented.
- Material and methods: it will be presented with the most convenient accuracy for the reader understanding and confirmation to the development of the investigation. Previously methods published as an indexes or techniques must describe only in a short way and support the corresponding references, except in the case that they have been modified the same. It will describe the size calculation of the sample and the way of sampling in them. It will be reference to the statistic analysis type used. If a methodology is original, it is necessary to expound the reasons why the analysis has been chosen previously and its possible limitations.
- Results: it will appear in a logical sequence in the text, schedule or figures, not having to repeat in them the same dates. It will try to emphasize the more important comments. It will describe, without interpreting or making value judgments, the observations with the material and methods used.
- Discussion or Conclusions: it will summarize the achievements, relating the own observations with other interest studies and noting the contribution and limitation of one and another. It must not repeat with detail the dates or another material already commented in other parts. It will describe the future inferences of the achievements and their limitations, including the deductions for a future investigation, and it will connect the conclusions with the objectives of the study, avoiding the free affirmations and the conclusions not supported completely by the dates of the work.
The next parts should go, in every case, to the end of texts, with obligatory character, independently of the manuscript estructure:
- Gratitudes: it will thank only the collaboration to people who have done substancial contributions to the study but without deserving the author description, having the author its consent by written. Likewise, it is recommended to the authors, in this case, a clear statement of the finance source of the investigation and it must be located in the gratitudes.
- Bibliography: the bibliography must be identified to the next of the discussion or the gratitudes if the part exists, in APA format. It is recommended the Mendeley application will be used. The accuracy of the bibliography references is responsibility for the author. Putting the DOI (Digital Object Identifier) of every reference. It can be included as a references accepted works, but not being published, specifying the name of the magazine followed by “in press”.
- In the contents of the type of reviews, good practices,…will be figure the parts that author considers as a convenient to facilitate its understanding.
Tables: It will use to clarify important points not being accepted the double documentation under the table and figure shapes. The tittles or footnotes should explain the content of these exactly and go in cursive.
Figures/photographs: it will consider as a figure every type of photographs, graphics or drawings. It will be assigned an Arabic number following this appearance in the text, being identified by the abbreviated term fig. (s). the footnotes or keys for everyone should go indicated and have the corresponding number. The text in the figures has to go in cursive. It must be designed in a visible way, and with a resolution at least 300 ppp.
Abbreviations: it will only be used standard abbreviations globally accepted. When it wants to short a term highly used in the text, the corresponding abbreviation, between brackets, it will be accompanied the first time that appears in it. It will not be used romans numbers in the text. The trade names will not be used except for necessity.
8 EDITORIAL PROCCESS
The Works will send accompanied of a letter of presentation previously mentioned. The redaction, or the Editor in its name, of CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD acknowledge receipts to the authors of the works that have been received and later, they will inform about its acceptation or not, depending of the quality of it, of the adequacy to the cover of the magazine and the compliance of the published rules. In that case it will be subjected an external review.
Following the techniques and scientific guidelines that corresponding to a prestigious publication, the Redaction Council will subject the articles received for reviewing double blind peer-review by the database experts of the evaluators of CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD. The evaluation result will be communicated directly to the authors.
The redaction of the magazine, it keeps for itself the right to accept/ reject the articles for its publication, as a introducing style modifications and/ or shorten the texts which exceed the permitted extension, commits to respect the original content.
It will be subjected to an external peer review the articles of investigation, the reviews and the good practices. The works will be reviewed and can be considered for publication before modification, it will be come back in 30 natural days, so if minor corrections are requested as a major corrections. The authors will receive the evaluation summaries of the reviewers, in an anonymous way, for doing (in every case) the corrections or opportune copies.
The authors of articles accepted will receive the impress prove for its correcting by email in PDF format. It will be came back corrected to the redaction of the magazine in 48 hours to its reception.
9 POLICY OF OPEN ACCESS
CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD is a magazine of open Access.
10 POLICY OF PUBLISHING IN PERSONAL WEB OR CORPORATIVE
The article will not be put in knowledge of the mass media before publishing in the magazine.
11 ETHICS RESPONSIBILITIES
The magazine redaction has the duty and responsibility for remembering to its members the next extremes:
- Having the permission of publication by the institution that has financed the investigation.
- CUADERNOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN JUVENTUD does not accept material previously published. The authors are responsible for obtaining the opportune permissions to reproduce partially material (text, tables or figures) of other publications and naming its origin correctly.
- Conflict of interests: the magazine expects that the authors state every commercial association that can suppose a conflict of interests with connection to the article received.
- In the list of authors signatories must figure only those people that have contributed intellectually to the work development. Having helped in the collection of dates or having participated in some technique, there are not by themselves, sufficient guidelines to figure as an author. In general, to figure as an author must be accomplished the next requirements:
- Having participated in the conception and development of the work that has given as a result to the article in question.
- Having participated in the redaction of the text and the possible reviews of it.
- Having approved the version that finally it will be published.
- The magazine declines any responsibility about the possible conflicts derived of the work authorship that are published in the Magazine.